WGU Students
eft - Printable Version

+- WGU Students (http://wgustudents.com/forum)
+-- Forum: WGU Degrees and Programs (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Education Majors (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: eft (/showthread.php?tid=725)

eft - shuli - 04-13-2011 03:39 AM

I have one task left in EFT

Describe how student error, student and teacher misconceptions, and instructional activities are interrelated.

i HAVE NO CLUE WHERE TO GO WITH THIS

Is there anyone who is working on it or has finished it that can give me some level of guidance?

RE: eft - The Brain - 04-13-2011 03:57 AM

I think you could use one of Taskstream's woes on this task. For example how Taskstream over generalizes there tasks, or how the wording is not very specific or confusing.

RE: eft - shuli - 04-13-2011 04:01 AM

I think the rule is that Im only allowed to whine about taskstream on the board once a week, and sadly Ive already taken my turn this week

Also, this specific complaint would not come across correctly without the use of the restricted offensive language, so...

RE: eft - Dana - 04-13-2011 06:41 AM

My mentor reminded me that they will soon be sending out the biannual survey. I will be mentioning TaskStream in areas that need improving!

RE: eft - racm - 04-13-2011 12:23 PM

Which task number is it? I completed this course, but I don't remember this.

RE: eft - shuli - 04-13-2011 12:29 PM

Its the last in the math task list

602.4.16-05

HELP

im not looking to steal someone elses work, thats so not me, just looking for some guidance

and id be happy to help whomever out with something else, ive helped out a bunch of other people via private email

any help is appreciated

shuliwunder@aol.com

RE: eft - racm - 04-13-2011 12:30 PM

Ok, I referred to chapter 3 and chapter 9 in Helping Children Learn Mathematics. Think about how the teacher's instruction affects student understanding and how it can increase or reduce student error. What happens if the teacher doesn't fully understand the material that he or she is trying to teach? What can the teacher use to make the lesson more effective? Then at the end, explain how all of these things tie together.

Does that make sense?

RE: eft - shuli - 04-13-2011 12:33 PM

actually that totally makes sense

wow

THANK YOU

im gonna say something that i dont easily say

you are totally gonna be a great teacher

i literally had a lightbulb moment with your explanation

i spent sunday, taking my final nys certification exam, convincing other people who were taking their exams for the nth time that they shouldnt be in a classroom (bc lets be honest if you cant passs a content exam that goes through 6th grade content the first try, you shouldnt be teaching) so this is a total parallel experience

ive been avoiding this task for weeks, bc i had no clue, and in oen easy sentence you made it clear

RE: eft - racm - 04-13-2011 11:35 PM

Blush Thank you so much!

Actually, I put that task off as well. I saved that one and the science paper for last in that class. Sometimes I just have look at the directions several times for a few days until it finally clicks. Especially with these Specific Teaching classes when we are trying to do several different tasks in a short amount of time.